Fusion Skin Tonic 60VC
Fusion Skin Tonic includes Japanese catnip, traditionally used in Chinese medicine to calm itchy skin and relieve symptoms of mild eczema, plus burdock, traditionally used to relieve mild psoriasis symptoms in Western herbal medicine.
Features and benefits
- Features Japanese catnip, traditionally used to relieve itchy skin and symptoms of mild eczema and hives in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Contains burdock, traditionally used to relieve mild psoriasis symptoms in Western herbal medicine, including dry, scaly skin
- Burdock is also traditionally taken in Western herbal medicine to support natural detoxification processes via the skin
- Includes dong quai traditionally used in TCM to promote skin regeneration, and to improve skin health by relieving dry skin, based on its traditional use as a blood tonic
- Donq quai is also traditionally taken in TCM to relieve mild allergy symptoms affecting the skin including symptoms of skin hives
- Blend of traditional Chinese and Western herbs – nine botanicals in all, including tribulus, fang feng and rehmannia
How it works
Traditional Chinese medicine and the skin
In TCM, the skin is traditionally believed to be nourished by the blood. Herbs that are traditionally taken to enhance blood health have also been traditionally used to relieve skin dryness.
Dry, itchy skin
One of the most common symptoms of mild eczema is dry skin, which occurs because the affected skin has a reduced ability to retain moisture.
Itching is another characteristic symptom of mild eczema, and factors that limit itching can promote healing.1
Fusion Skin Tonic contains Japanese catnip, which is traditionally used to calm itchy skin in TCM – for example, it’s traditionally taken to relieve symptoms of hives and mild eczema.
Burdock is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve mild psoriasis symptoms, including dry and scaly skin. Burdock is also traditionally used to support the skin’s natural elimination of wastes in Western herbal medicine.
In TCM, dong quai is traditionally regarded as a blood tonic that nourishes the blood and reduces skin dryness to improve skin health. Dong quai is also traditionally used in TCM to help promote skin regeneration, and to relieve mild allergy symptoms affecting the skin, such as hives.
1. Pizzorno JE, Murray MT, Joiner-Bey H. The clinician’s handbook of natural medicine, 3rd edition. 2016: Elsevier, Missouri
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.